Tuesday 27 November 2007

Role Models

Poor old Amy Winehouse hasn't had the best week, month, or probably even year.

However, as all her fans desert her, walking out of concerts, and chastising her very public drug addiction, I for one applaud her!

Not for the drink, drugs and rock and roll! But for her academic help!

Because Amy's behaviour has helped me find my dissertation topic.

Staring at a photograph of her in the weekend's press, white powder visibly clinging to her nose hairs, and seven year old, bee-hive sporting, fan in tow, I decided my MA will be on Role Models in Children's Media.

Those of you who are regulars to my blog will have realised that it's a subject close to my heart, and so hopefully, over the nex six months as I collate my research, I'll be able to share some of my findings and views with you.

Am also hoping to speak some of the media's most famour role models, good and bad, past and present, so keep watching this space!

No comments: